Communication and International Competence
Working across borders is a challenging task – be it in a multinational company or NGO, or with international business partners – since it requires managing different communication styles and expectations. This course will help you develop communication skills that will further high-quality collaboration in your own professional context. Elements of the teamwork process that we will focus on include building up trust, generating common knowledge, enhancing cross-cultural competency, creating inclusiveness and delivering shared results.
For more information and course prerequisites, please see our syllabus (PDF).
February 11 – April 8, 2022
Friday, February 11, 2022, 4.00 – 5.30 p.m. Berlin Time (CET)
Friday, March 11, 2022, 4.00 – 5.30 p.m. Berlin Time (CET)
Friday, April 8, 2022, 4.00 – 5.30 p.m. Berlin Time (CEST)
January 14, 2022 (Register Now!)
650 € Course Fee
75 € Registration Fee
Receive a discount of 75 € on your registration for a second course! Find out more under Fees & Registration.
What you will gain from this course:
- Knowledge about intercultural communication and teamwork in an international context in general
- Practical cross-cultural communication skills and confidence to collaborate with diverse others
- Enhanced competences and a qualification boost to your CV with maximum flexibility parallel to your job or course of studies
- A continuing education certificate from Freie Universität Berlin
This is the perfect course for you if you are…
- working or striving to work in an international or multinational company, NGO, start-up, or in international higher education etc.
- looking for insights and strategies to achieve better collaborative results in international professional contexts
- eager to expand your business or your partnerships around the globe
- interested in intercultural communication theory and its practical application in the workplace
What you should bring to the course:
- English language abilities in speaking and writing on the Upper Intermediate level (at least B2)
- the willingness and ability to participate and actively contribute to the three live sessions of this course
- an openness to encounter, explore, and reflect on different communication styles and collaboration techniques
- a stable internet connection and a quiet work environment
Please also familiarize yourself with our further technical and general requirements and our Program Regulations and Code of Online Conduct (PDF).
Any Questions? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.