Sustainable Business – An Ethical Approach to Entrepreneurship
Entrepreneurship creates jobs and wealth. But at what costs? For too many years entrepreneurship has focused solely on growth and revenue. Economy takes precedence over ethics in practice. With the concept of “Sustainable Entrepreneurship” we are flipping this coin and are extending the entrepreneurial mindset by an ethical dimension. How should I act? How should a company act? Can a company actually act ethically at all? In this course, we will answer these questions, learn about ethical boundaries in an entrepreneurial context and develop a concept of how to apply them to (your) businesses to make sure they have a non-destructive impact on our planet. We will explore which responsibilities entrepreneurs have towards the environment and towards today’s (and a future) society. You will develop your own Code of Ethics and get tools for its implementation in your organization.
For more information and course prerequisites, please see our syllabus (PDF).
February 6 – March 19, 2024
Tuesday, February 6, 2024, 5.00 – 6.30 p.m. Berlin Time (CET)
Tuesday, February 27, 2024, 5.00 – 6.30 p.m. Berlin Time (CET)
Tuesday, March 19, 2024, 5.00 – 6.30 p.m. Berlin Time (CET)
January 9, 2024 (Register Now!)
650 € Course Fee
75 € Registration Fee
Receive a discount of 75 € on your registration for a second course! Find out more under Fees & Registration.
What you will gain from this course:
- An understanding of ethical frameworks, boundaries and decision-making
- Your own Code of Ethics based on real-life case studies and your ideas or business challenges
- Knowledge about the concepts “Corporate Social Responsibility” (CSR), “Environmental, Social and Governance” (ESG) and “Sustainable Development Goals” (SDG)
- A continuing education certificate from Freie Universität Berlin
This is the perfect course for you if you are…
- a (prospective) founder or manager of a company or start-up
- interested in the connection between business and sustainability
- looking for concrete insights and strategies to act ethically within your organization
- eager to understand what corporations owe their social communities and the environment
What you should bring to the course:
- English language abilities in speaking and writing on the Upper Intermediate level (at least B2)
- The willingness and ability to participate and actively contribute to the three interactive live sessions of this course
- An openness to explore and reflect on possibilities for change and sustainable development in your organization
- A stable internet connection and a quiet work environment
Any Questions? Send an email to email@example.com.