Diversity Management in International Context
Diversity skills are an increasingly important key to success for teams, companies, and individuals. Doing diversity well means not only building a workplace with diverse people, but also engaging in diversity management through strategies that aim to remove barriers and foster active participation in the workplace. In this workshop participants will learn about diversity management and will develop approaches to identify and reduce personal and organizational bias, navigate conversations surrounding diversity topics, create diversity management strategies, and generally contribute to and create inclusive workspaces. Using a variety of interactive methods, with a focus on real-life, relevant case studies, participants will develop their own resource-oriented toolkits and will have ample opportunity to bring in personal experience.
For more information and course prerequisites, please see our syllabus (PDF) and watch the course video.
Friday, April 21, 2023, 1.30 p.m. – 6.30 p.m. Berlin Time (CEST)
Saturday, April 22, 2023, 9.30 a.m. – 3 p.m. Berlin Time (CEST)
March 24, 2023 (Register Now!)
--- Registration Deadline is extended until March 30, 2023 ---
700 € Course Fee
75 € Registration Fee
Receive a discount of 75 € on your registration for a second course! Find out more under Fees & Registration.
What you will gain from this course:
- Knowledge about the concept of diversity management in general as well as knowledge about what you need to successfully engage in diversity management
- Practical awareness training and key skills for human interaction in a professional context
- Enhanced competences and a qualification boost to your CV
- A continuing education certificate from Freie Universität Berlin
This is the perfect course for you if you are…
- looking for additional qualification in strategic personnel development, HR, and/or team leadership
- working or striving to work in a diverse and possibly international professional setting
- eager to understand social diversity and its significance in working life, and to better use and strengthen your team’s or company’s diverse qualities
- keen on to building inclusive workspaces
What you should bring to the course:
- English language abilities in speaking and writing on the Upper Intermediate level (at least B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- The willingness and ability to participate on-site on both workshop days on FU Campus Dahlem and to actively contribute to this workshop
- An openness to encounter, explore, and reflect on different communication styles and collaboration techniques
To find out if your English skills are sufficient to follow the course, feel free to watch the following course teaser video.
Please also familiarize yourself with our general requirements and our Program Regulations and Code of Conduct (PDF).
Freie Universität Berlin
Any Questions? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.