Konfliktmanagement durch achtsame Kommunikation
Have you ever avoided a difficult conversation because it could spark a conflict? Many people would answer yes simply because they were unsure how to address the issue at hand. Conflict in some form is inevitable in most forms of human co-operation. However, if we know how to spot conflicts early and employ techniques and strategies to diffuse them, we can get to the core of the issues at hand and solve them productively and to the benefit of all parties involved. Although conflict can be costly and cause harm, at the same time it holds the potential for those involved to develop, grow and learn. This workshop gives you the opportunity to learn which communication skills can support you to handle difficult situations with professionalism, to practice their application and thus to improve relationships at work.
For more information and course prerequisites, please see our syllabus (PDF in German).
Friday, April 28, 2023, 1.30 p.m. – 6.30 p.m. Berlin Time (CEST)
Saturday, April 29, 2023, 9.30 a.m. – 3 p.m. Berlin Time (CEST)
March 31, 2023 (Register Now!)
700 € Course Fee
75 € Registration Fee
Receive a discount of 75 € on your registration for a second course! Find out more under Fees & Registration.
What you will gain from this course:
- Ability to identify characteristics and common signs of a conflict
- Strategies for dealing with conflict situations through mindful communication
- Understanding of opportunely-timed constructive feedback as a means of conflict prevention and resolution
- A continuing education certificate from Freie Universität Berlin
This is the perfect course for you if you want to…
- gain more confidence, practice and comfort with conflict conversations in professional or private contexts
- increase your awareness of the potential of conflicts for growth and learning in your organization
- become a more relational, attentive and empathetic leader or team member
- develop a deeper self-understanding through reflection and introspection with a view to your personal development
What you should bring to the course:
- German language abilities in speaking and writing on the Upper Intermediate level (at least B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- The willingness and ability to participate on-site on both workshop days on FU Campus Dahlem and to actively contribute to this workshop
- An openness for interaction and sharing your personal experiences within the group
Please also familiarize yourself with our general requirements and our Program Regulations and Code of Conduct (PDF).
Freie Universität Berlin
Any Questions? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.