Understanding Global Sustainability Challenges
Sustainability is no longer a fringe topic as it is intricately linked to the overall well-being of people and the planet. Therefore, a foundational understanding of sustainability, its dimensions (social, economic, environmental), interpretations and manifestation is a crucial 21st-century competence – to become a better informed world citizen, but also to be able to contribute a share to sustainable development in any workplace, project or professional partnership. This course will introduce you to the concept of sustainability, its challenges and possible solutions, and provide you with best-practice examples and practical problem-solving skills to make a difference in your professional and private spheres.
March 2 – April 27, 2023
Thursday, March 2, 2023, 2.30 – 4.00 p.m. Berlin Time (CET)
Thursday, March 30, 2023, 2.30 – 4.00 p.m. Berlin Time (CEST)
Thursday, April 27, 2023, 2.30 – 4.00 p.m. Berlin Time (CEST)
February 2, 2023 (Register Now!)
650 € Course Fee
75 € Registration Fee
Receive a discount of 75 € on your registration for a second course! Find out more under Fees & Registration.
What you will gain from this course:
- A good understanding of the United Nations’ 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Knowledge about sustainable decision-making and skills to act sustainably in your daily life as well as your profession
- Enhanced competences and a qualification boost to your CV with maximum flexibility parallel to your job or course of studies
- A continuing education certificate from Freie Universität Berlin
This is the perfect course for you if you are…
- eager to know more about sustainability and sustainable development
- looking for insights into multi-stakeholder approaches to solve sustainability challenges
- working in or aspiring to work in corporate social responsibility
- striving to chart out the sustainability agenda of your own organization
What you should bring to the course:
- English language abilities in speaking and writing on the Upper Intermediate level (at least B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- The willingness and ability to participate and actively contribute to the three live sessions of this course
- An openness to explore and reflect on possibilities for change and sustainable development in your professional and/or private life
- A stable internet connection and a quiet work environment
To find out if your English skills are sufficient to follow the course, feel free to watch the following course teaser video.
Please also familiarize yourself with our further technical and general requirements and our Program Regulations and Code of Conduct (PDF).
Any Questions? Send an email to email@example.com