Switching Perspectives: Intercultural Communication and (Digital) Cross-Cultural Collaboration
Working across cultures can be a challenging task. Differences in cultural values and expectations can make collaboration challenging, and these differences can become amplified through the digital channels we use in the modern world. In this course you will develop intercultural skills and a strong understanding of effective communication – both in-person and through digital channels – that will help you flourish in cross-cultural situations in your own professional context. We will explore culture as a concept and will gain an understanding of cultural dimensions and various communication models. Furthermore, we will reflect on virtual collaboration as well as on how leadership is influenced by cultural values.
650 € Course Fee
75 € Registration Fee
Receive a discount of 75 € on your registration for a second course! Find out more under Fees & Registration.
What you will gain from this course:
- Knowledge about intercultural communication and teamwork in an international context in general
- Practical cross-cultural communication skills (in-person and virtually)
- Confidence to effectively collaborate with diverse others and navigate challenging situations
A continuing education certificate from Freie Universität Berlin
This is the perfect course for you if you are…
- working or striving to work in an international or multinational company, NGO, start-up, or in international higher education or planning a professional stay abroad
- interested in the interdependence of communication and culture
- looking for insights and strategies to achieve better collaborative results in international professional contexts
- eager to expand your business or your partnerships around the globe
What you should bring to the course:
- English language abilities in speaking and writing on the Upper Intermediate level (at least B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- the willingness and ability to participate and actively contribute to the three interactive live sessions of this course
- an openness to encounter, explore, and reflect on potential effects of culture on situations in the workplace and beyond
- a stable internet connection and a quiet work environment
To find out if your English skills are sufficient to follow the course, feel free to watch the following course teaser video.
Any Questions? Send an email to email@example.com.