Storytelling Across Cultures
This course focuses on working with storytelling and storylistening practices in the context of personal development and working across cultures. Why? Increasingly, we need new skills to face rapid changes in the globalized world and we only can develop them when we are aware of our own stories, of big narratives that have shaped us, and of how they can inspire and motivate ourselves and others to initiate positive changes in our surroundings, in organizations, in multicultural teams. Participants will work in this course with stories at three different levels: the personal one, the collective one with the focus on working across cultures, and the global one. At the end of this course, they will understand how to use storytelling practices to advocate for diversity and inclusion and to enhance mutual understanding among people from different cultures.
For more information and course prerequisites, please see our syllabus (PDF).
March 1 – April 26, 2023
Wednesday, March 1, 2023, 5.00 – 6.30 p.m. Berlin Time (CET)
Wednesday, March 29, 2023, 5.00 – 6.30 p.m. Berlin Time (CEST)
Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 5.00 – 6.30 p.m. Berlin Time (CEST)
February 1, 2023 (Register Now!)
650 € Course Fee
75 € Registration Fee
Receive a discount of 75 € on your registration for a second course! Find out more under Fees & Registration.
What you will gain from this course:
- Knowledge on how to work with storytelling and storylistening practices to enhance the development of intercultural competencies and foster diversity and inclusion in your organization
- New approaches to face rapid changes in the multicultural business world
- Important skills for your professional and personal life such as motivating, inspiring, listening and encouraging others with stories
- A continuing education certificate from Freie Universität Berlin
This is the perfect course for you if you are…
- working or striving to work in a diverse and international professional setting
- keen to become an attentive and inspirational leader or caring team member in multicultural teams
- eager to develop your intercultural sensitivity and reflect on different perspectives across cultures
- looking for concrete recommendations for implementing storytelling practices in your professional and personal life
What you should bring to the course:
- English language abilities in speaking and writing on the Upper Intermediate level (at least B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- The willingness and ability to participate and actively contribute to the three live sessions of this course
- Openness to work with your own stories and to share your experiences within the group
- A stable internet connection and a quiet work environment
Any Questions? Send an email to email@example.com.