Problem-Solving Skills for Multi-Stakeholder Challenges
In all types of organizations, people face various external challenges and internal problems along their professional journey. Strong problem-solving skills are therefore key to professional and personal success. In this course you will get a comprehensive overview of proven problem-solving theories and methods, such as design thinking, organisational theory and role-play. Moreover, you will train fundamental skills such as critical thinking, emotional intelligence, negotiation, team and leadership skills. You will develop a deeper understanding of challenges by engaging with your peers in a two-day online workshop that will help you premeditate, plan and test your learnings and skills. At the end of the course, you will be able to reflect on your own position and options for positive change in the workplace and employ these soft skills, concepts and methods in developing realistic problem-solving strategies.
For more information and course prerequisites, please see our syllabus (PDF).
September 23 – November 18, 2022
Friday, September 23, 2022, 6.00 – 7.30 p.m. Berlin Time (CEST)
Thursday, November 10, 2022, 6.00 – 7.30 p.m. Berlin Time (CET)
Friday, November 11, 2022, 6.00 – 7.30 p.m. Berlin Time (CET)
August 26, 2022 (Register Now!)
February 9 – April 6, 2023
Thursday, February 9, 2023, 6.00 – 7.30 p.m. Berlin Time (CET)
Thursday, March 30, 2023, 6.00 – 7.30 p.m. Berlin Time (CEST)
Friday, March 31, 2023, 6.00 – 7.30 p.m. Berlin Time (CEST)
January 12, 2023 (Register Now!)
650 € Course Fee
75 € Registration Fee
Receive a discount of 75 € on your registration for a second course! Find out more under Fees & Registration.
What you will gain from this course:
- Competence and knowledge on how to prepare for and act on complex challenges in the workplace
- A comprehensive overview of proven problem-solving theories and methods, such as design thinking, organisational theory and role play
- Fundamental soft skills such as critical thinking, emotional intelligence, negotiation, team and leadership skills
- A continuing education certificate from Freie Universität Berlin
This is the perfect course for you if you want to…
- be able to identify conditions for success and failure in complex project settings
- get an understanding of social dynamics so you can navigate negotiation processes in order to reach consensual and actionable goals
- win and engage partners, apply innovative methods and ultimately launch well-embedded and impactful solutions to challenges in your workplace
What you should bring to the course:
- English language abilities in speaking and writing on the Upper Intermediate level (at least B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- The willingness and ability to participate and actively contribute to the three live sessions of this course
- An openness for engagement and interaction with your peers in order to discover creative approaches to problem-solving
- A stable internet connection and a quiet work environment
To find out if your English skills are sufficient to follow the course, feel free to watch the following course teaser video.
Please also familiarize yourself with our further technical and general requirements and our Program Regulations and Code of Online Conduct (PDF).
Any Questions? Send an email to email@example.com.