Diversity Management in International Context
Diversity skills are an increasingly important key to success for teams, companies, and individuals. Doing diversity well means not only building a workplace with diverse people, but also engaging in diversity management through strategies that aim to remove barriers and foster active participation in the workplace. In this course participants will learn about diversity management and will develop approaches to identify and reduce personal and organizational bias, navigate conversations surrounding diversity topics, create diversity management strategies, and generally contribute to and create inclusive workspaces. Using a variety of interactive methods, with a focus on real-life, relevant case studies, participants will develop their own resource-oriented toolkits and will have ample opportunity to bring in personal experience.
For more information and course prerequisites, please see our syllabus (PDF).
September 22 – November 17, 2022
Thursday, September 22, 2022, 2.30 – 4.00 p.m. Berlin Time (CEST)
Thursday, October 20, 2022, 2.30 – 4.00 p.m. Berlin Time (CEST)
Thursday, November 17, 2022, 2.30 – 4.00 p.m. Berlin Time (CET)
August 25, 2022 (Register Now!)
February 2 – March 30, 2023
Thursday, February 2, 2023, 4.30 – 6 p.m. Berlin Time (CET)
Thursday, March 2, 2023, 4.30 – 6 p.m. Berlin Time (CET)
Thursday, March 30, 2023, 4.30 – 6 p.m. Berlin Time (CEST)
January 5, 2023 (Register Now!)
650 € Course Fee
75 € Registration Fee
Receive a discount of 75 € on your registration for a second course! Find out more under Fees & Registration.
What you will gain from this course:
- Knowledge about the concept of diversity management in general as well as knowledge about what you need to successfully engage in diversity management
- Practical awareness training and key skills for human interaction in a professional context
- Enhanced competences and a qualification boost to your CV with maximum flexibility parallel to your job or course of studies
- A continuing education certificate from Freie Universität Berlin
This is the perfect course for you if you are…
- looking for additional qualification in strategic personnel development, HR, and/or team leadership
- working or striving to work in a diverse and possibly international professional setting
- eager to understand social diversity and its significance in working life, and to better use and strengthen your team’s or company’s diverse qualities
- keen on to building inclusive workspaces
What you should bring to the course:
- English language abilities in speaking and writing on the Upper Intermediate level (at least B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- The willingness and ability to participate and actively contribute to the three live sessions of this course
- An openness to encounter, explore, and reflect on different communication styles and collaboration techniques
- A stable internet connection and a quiet work environment
Please also familiarize yourself with our further technical and general requirements and our Program Regulations and Code of Online Conduct (PDF).
Any Questions? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.