Diversity Management in International Context
In any professional context these days, we are working with people from diverse backgrounds – based on different social and ethnic origins, different genders, age cohorts, and/or lifestyles. This becomes more apparent and influential in an international work situation, where sensitivity towards diversity can be crucial for your success. This course will heighten your awareness of differences and commonalities in your own team or other collaborative setting, and will equip you with tools to positively acknowledge and use them in a creative way. You will not only learn to see diversity management as a strategic tool for personnel development and better team-building, but also acquire key competencies relevant to anyone involved in social, organizational and business undertakings: listening, moderating, accepting and networking beyond ethno-, socio- or gender-specific definitions of people.
For more information and course prerequisites, please see our syllabus (PDF).
June 9 – August 4, 2022
Thursday, June 9, 2022, 2.30 – 4 p.m. Berlin Time (CEST)
Thursday, July 7, 2022, 2.30 – 4 p.m. Berlin Time (CEST)
Thursday, August 4, 2022, 2.30 – 4 p.m. Berlin Time (CEST)
May 12, 2022 (Register Now!)
September 22 – November 17, 2022
Thursday, September 22, 2022, 2.30 – 4.00 p.m. Berlin Time (CEST)
Thursday, October 20, 2022, 2.30 – 4.00 p.m. Berlin Time (CEST)
Thursday, November 17, 2022, 2.30 – 4.00 p.m. Berlin Time (CET)
August 25, 2022 (Register Now!)
650 € Course Fee
75 € Registration Fee
Receive a discount of 75 € on your registration for a second course! Find out more under Fees & Registration.
What you will gain from this course:
- Knowledge about the concept of diversity management in general as well as knowledge about what you need to successfully engage in diversity management
- Practical awareness training and key skills for human interaction in a professional context
- Enhanced competences and a qualification boost to your CV with maximum flexibility parallel to your job or course of studies
- A continuing education certificate from Freie Universität Berlin
This is the perfect course for you if you are…
- looking for additional qualification in strategic personnel development, HR, and/or team leadership
- working or striving to work in a diverse and possibly international professional setting
- eager to understand social diversity and its significance in working life, and to better use and strengthen your team’s or company’s diverse qualities
- interested in critically assessing and deconstructing attributions based on differences such as “gender”, “age”, “social class”, “ethnicity”, or “religion”, and in dealing with them in a productive way
What you should bring to the course:
- English language abilities in speaking and writing on the Upper Intermediate level (at least B2)
- The willingness and ability to participate and actively contribute to the three live sessions of this course
- An openness to encounter, explore, and reflect on different communication styles and collaboration techniques
- A stable internet connection and a quiet work environment
Please also familiarize yourself with our further technical and general requirements and our Program Regulations and Code of Online Conduct (PDF).
Any Questions? Send an email to email@example.com.